Monday, 14 March 2011

Title Ideas!

I'm doing a UK Genre based magazine, so my title needs to be a title that will relate to the public. The genre is a fairly new genre started in 2006 called GRIME. However there will be some cross overs into UK Hip-Hop.
My title could be the be-all or end-all of my magazine. It will determine whether my magazine is pushed to the back of the racks, or sold out. It needs to be relative to the music genre/culture but also relevant to my generation, the generation before, and the generations to follow. It needs to be a title which is suitable to be sold anywhere, from music stores, to music equipment shops, to corner shops and even to passers by in town centres!
Because of such a wide range of necessities to be crammed into a word or a short phrase, also taking into account what this genre means to my generation, I am struggling to find the perfect title.
Ideas:
The Catch Up
I.I.W.I.I (It Is What It Is)
My Hustle
D2D (Day 2 Day)
Omega
Alpha
Tenacity

At this moment in time I am not sure what will best suit my magazine. My ideas are based around words/phrases based around either power or how a magazine should relate to the intended audience. For example 'Alpha' & 'Omega' are words often associated with power. I want my magazine to be successful and an outlet of power to this genre of the music industry. 'I.I.W.I.I', 'My Hustle', 'D2D' & 'The Catch Up' are all titles that can either relate to the reader and construct a mild empathy because of the nature of the genre, or the title hints at what you can expect from the coverage of the magazine. The title 'Tenacity' however, shows another side to the urban genre as passion and raw emotion is something us 'urbanists' are renowned for.

No comments:

Post a Comment